Transitioning To EV: Service and Maintenance Training
With the influx of Hybrids, Plug-in hybrids, and Battery electric vehicles appearing in service bays across the country, the opportunity to become your area’s go-to EV repair shop has never been higher.
After achieving a thorough understanding of electric drive components and circuitry, Autel Academy attendees will apply what they’ve learned on live electric drive vehicles. Trainees will master proven “go-to” PIDs with real life examples of when and why they should be used to efficiently and accurately diagnose several types of common EV issues. Trainees will also learn how to utilize various forms of EV related tools such as insulation testers, class 3 meters, scan tools, and lab scopes so that they can achieve the test results needed.
- EV and Hybrid Pattern Failures
- How an electric drive vehicle works
- Servicing electric drive vehicles
- Utilizing HV tools in diagnostics
- EV repair shop equipment & safety
- Using datastream for diagnosing various complaints
- Diagnosing & Servicing HV battery issues, charging complaints, MG issues, inverter/converter issues, on-board charger issues
- Hands-on activities with multiple systems
Tickets Remaining: 11
This, 2-day in-person, EV training course is intended for shop owners, service writers, and technicians aiming to stay competitive and relevant within the automotive repair industry. Classes are held at the Autel North America Training Facility in Port Washington, New York. Meals are included, and hotel accommodations provided if needed.
Autel Training Facility
36 Harbor Park Drive
Port Washington, N.Y. 11050
2-Day In-depth Classroom and Hands-on Technical Training
John Forro, Expert EV Technician
Lodging and Meals:
Hotel Accommodations and Meals Included